The summer is here and since you’ll be showing off some leg, they might as well look good. Whether you’re sporting your favorite shorts or a teenie-weenie bikini, these tips will show you how to groom, tighten and tone your legs so you can show them off with confidence all summer long.
1. Hair Removal Tips For Smooth Legs Every Time
I know you’ve covered up your legs all year up to now because you didn’t want to shave or wax your legs. But the summer is here and I’m not sure how long you can keep that up! Here are a few hair removal tips:
- Be gentle: Most hair removal creams are so harsh you end up doing more damage than good. If you have never used hair removal creams, test a small area on your leg before applying it all over. Be sure to follow directions and remove the cream at the right time!
- Waxing tips: If you’re doing at-home waxing, the key to a smooth wax is to work in small areas.
- Do You Shave? Here’s a tip for shaving to prevent those ugly nicks: Use a razor with multiple blades AND use a moisturizing shave cream. Both will help the razor glide over your legs more smoothly and keep you from cutting your skin.
2. Don’t Forget To Exfoliate
Want to take the smoothness up a notch? Exfoliate. Legs need exfoliation too. Use a sugar or salt scrub to remove dead skin so your moisturizers will be absorbed into the skin better. Most skin care scrubs recommend exfoliating 2-3 times a week, however, during the summer, you’ll likely be shaving or using another hair removal method, this also will help exfoliate the skin, so you may find that you only need to use a scrub once a week.
3. Natural Summer Glow For Your Legs
Want to know the secret to getting a sexy glow for your legs? Coconut oil! You don’t even need a separate moisturizer when you use this trick because the coconut oil moisturizes and give a non-greasy shine to your skin. It’s as close to magic as our skinny wraps!
4. Shape Up Your Calves & Thighs
Next to Pinterest, Fitness Magazine is my go-to-source for target-area workouts. The thing about your legs is you can sneak in exercises even while you’re seated. As simple as they are toe lifts, heel lifts and leg extensions go a long way with keeping your legs toned. Did you know you can tone your inner thighs by putting a pillow between your legs while doing seated leg lifts?
For more advanced leg workouts, take it the next step, add jogging, stair climbing, cycling or power walking to your exercise regimen. Throw in a few reps of squats on the days you workout and you’ll be toning the trifecta: legs, thighs and hips.
Your turn: How do you get your legs in shape for summer? Share your secrets…we won’t tell. 🙂