Water: We all need it. Our bodies are made of 60% water, so it is essential to our very lives. Nutritionists recommend we drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to maintain balanced nutrition and optimal health. Some health care experts even suggest drinking at least half your body weight in number of ounces of water per day, which means you may need to drink more than 10 glasses per day, depending on your weight and nutrition goals. For example, a person who weighs 200 pounds would drink about 100 ounces of water per day.
So here’s the big question: Are you drinking enough water?
For many of us, the answer is clearly no – even if we drink the bare minimum of 8 glasses per day. For some reason, though water is the cheapest, most effective way to stay healthy, to many of us simply aren’t drinking enough. Let’s change that, shall we? Will you be committed to make drinking water a priority in your health? Here are 7 reasons to consider making that commitment:
Here are 7 Reasons to Drink More Water
- Water keeps your body hydrated. Since our bodies are mostly made of water, we need it to stay hydrated and keep our skin moist. This is why our organs don’t function properly when we’re dehydrated. Have you ever been working in the yard or taking a walk and noticed you get dizzy? It may be because you haven’t had enough water to replace the water you lost from sweating.
- Water is a natural detox. Because water helps move nutrients and minerals through the body, it also helps remove the things our bodies don’t need from our system through waste.
- Water purifies the skin. Drinking water is the key to clear even skin tone. Nothing clogs your pores more than drinks that are high in sugar. We need water to remove the harmful effects of food and drinks from our body which also helps clear our skin.
- Water improves circulation. Water improves the flow of blood through your body.
- Water regulates blood pressure. Like hot showers? Drinking a glass of water before a warm bath or shower helps keep your blood pressure low.
- Water improves digestion. Water helps your body break down food so you can digest it better. Better digestion is key for releasing waste and preventing gas.
- Water prevents heart disease. Drinking a glass of water before bed prevents strokes and heart attacks.
Do you find it hard to drink enough water every day? Why do you think that is? Share with us and let’s join forces to take back our health, one glass of water at a time!
Want More Summer Beauty Secrets Like This? Click Here for 7 of the best kept beauty secrets for looking and feeling your best this summer. It even includes a Free Swimsuit Guide. Grab it now while the summer is young!