Is Stress “Eating Away At You?” It May Be Time To Detox
Stress. We all get it. It’s a part of life. Stress can be physical, and it can be emotional. But did you know stress can be both positive and negative? Stress that motivates us toward taking positive action or having positive thoughts is actually “good” stress. However, there is such thing as being too excited when your nerves try to keep up with your emotions, and that’s where the “bad” stress negatively impacts our bodies. Speaking of stress and your body, stress is also the hidden culprit behind the build up of toxins and acid in our body, which can cause all kinds of physical and mental illnesses.
According to Dr. Theodore Baroody, author of Alkalize or Die, acidosis is the basis of most diseases and illnesses. A body with too much acid is out of balance and can cause all kinds of digestive issues. For example, have you ever experienced bloating from gas or stomach sensitivities when you eat certain foods? That’s your body’s reaction to the presence of too much acid.
The Problem With Toxins In The Body
Toxins affect the acid levels of all of our major organs including our heart, liver, stomach, lymphatic system, colon, kidneys and intestines. In his book, Dr. Baroody explains that our glands and organs function properly in exact proportion to the amount of alkaline and acid levels in our system. He also gives examples of the impact negative emotions have on the body. Here’s an excerpt from his book:
“All negative emotions create an acidic environment. Have you ever heard anyone say you are letting your problems “eat away at you” or “get the best of you”?
Fear is the underlining cause of most disease. It will undermine your life and your health. Fear causes anger. Anger causes hate. Hate will consume you with continual suffering. Love and understanding cleanse and heal the body creating an alkaline environment within you.”
Oh dear! Nothing motivates me to let things go and “get over it” faster than knowing that the stuff has the power to ruin my health. I don’t want anything “eating away” at me…Do you?
De-Toxing To De-Stress
I know getting rid of stress from your life is easier said than done because no matter how hard we try to avoid stress situations, we simply can’t. For me, it helps to pause for a moment and remember that I am in control of my emotions. It also helps to meditate on scriptures and devotionals. It also helped me to do a cleanse so that I could remove toxins from my body and balance the pH in my body. As I shared a few weeks ago, I have been on a sugar and yeast fast for the past several weeks, and I’m telling you, it has made all the difference in the world! My mind is not foggy, my thoughts are clear and I know how to release emotional things that bother me so they don’t cause stress. My body is also doing a much better job of digesting foods, which has cleared up my skin AND I’ve lost 15 pounds!
I’m not saying you’ll never be stressed again if you detox, but I am saying your body and your mind will be more prepared to naturally handle the “stuff” life throws at you.
Michele’s Detoxing (and De-stressing) Secrets
- Prayer and Meditation. I turn to God as my source of spiritual and emotional strength. Nothing calms me down like the Word of God.
- Cut out sugar and yeast. This was HUGE because my body doesn’t do well with too much yeast and sugar actually kept me from processing the breads and pastas correctly.
- Exercise. Helped my body naturally move waste, fluids and chemicals throughout my system. Who knew working up a sweat was so powerful?
- Drink plenty of water. Water is a natural detox and it helps keep you hydrated which also keeps you regular.
- It Works Greens. Helped me to Alkalize and balance the pH so my body would stop producing so much acid.
- It Works Confianza. Helped me keep my focus and energy level up, naturally. I didn’t realize it until I started the fast, but sugar withdrawals can be tough!
- It Works Regular. It does exactly that: Keeps your colon Regular. 🙂
- It’s Vital Complete Nutrition Pack. I use this during the fast to make sure my body still gets the nutrients and minerals it needs that I may be missing by fasting from certain foods. If I do this fast again, I may not use this pack.
Well those are my secrets to clearing out the junk and living a happier, healthier, less-stress filled life! What do you do to de-stress?
Whatever you do, just remember you don’t have to let stress control you. Punching something is always an option. And if it helps at all, just remember:
STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS!
And the sugar-free, gluten-free desserts are the best!
Here’s to your stress-free life!